Whether it is in our personal finances, in our business if we are self-employed, in our job if we work for someone, in our retirement plans, in our investments, etc., it seems that there is always some kind of financial dance going on. Sometimes the music is wonderful and we are just waltzing through our life. At other times, it is a jitterbug. We are dancing so hard and so fast that we actually cannot keep up. We lose our breath and sometimes our health.
Unless we ourselves have personally done something that has drastically affected our own finances, it is usually a result of outside conditions going on, that are beyond our control. There are things that are beyond our control that can affect us economically along with our personal finances. An excellent example is the weather. Droughts and floods both can be devastating. Searing hot weather or freezing cold, snowy winters also affect economies in their own ways.
There are other forces though, that go on all the time that are the main cause and have the absolute biggest affect upon our economics and finances. Whether it is a good booming economic time or a bad recession economic time, or whether the stock market is flying or falling, these are all man made. It is definitely not beings from the planet Mars that are coming down and attacking us financially. It is us, doing it all to ourselves. Think about it though, when I say, it is us doing it to ourselves. Is it you or I or our neighbors causing the economy to go wildly bouncing up and down that affects us financially on a personal level? What I am saying, is that our booming economic times and our bad recession times, are caused for most part by our elected officials (we refer to as government) and big (greedy) business corporations.
Our elected officials are the ones making the rules, laws, tax decisions, economic policies, and on and on. So the onus obviously falls upon them – Our wonderful elected officials! It doesn’t matter their party, be they right wing, left wing, conservative or liberal, it is all of them. They blame each other and then try to convince us it is the ‘other ones’ causing the problems. So my question is –
(1) Are they all just so plain stupid that we economically bounce up and down like a rubber ball out of control because they don’t know what they are doing?
(2) Do they deliberately create rules and laws that throw the balance of our economy out of whack? Do they do these things because of their favoring the small group of wealthy corporate businesses versus the population (the people) of this country?
It really doesn’t matter, whichever of the above is true. The point is that we are the victim of their actions. Their motives or their intelligence and their ability to lead a nation of people, seem to be, to say the least, questionable.
It’s amazing how we constantly read about another elected official up to no good.
Try Googling any of the following;
- List of federal political scandals in the United States
- List of federal political sex scandals in the United States
- List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes
- List of United States Senators expelled or censured
- List of United States Representatives expelled, censured, or reprimanded
State and local politics:
- List of American state and local politicians convicted of crimes
- List of state and local political sex scandals in the United States
They all look so proper and respectable in their well dressed up costumes of expensive outfits. Their big college degrees, and titles – Lawyers, Congress People, Senators, Governors, Mayors, Council people and so on. Underneath all that though, the above listing bares out that they are dishonest people who moved into public office for reasons beyond proper and rightful governing.
Wake up and smell the coffee, people. They are not your friends – any of them.
Harris Glasser – Author, Lecturer, Business & Personal Consultant
www.HarrisHelps.org “ It’s My Money & I Want It!”
(more next week)