When my two sons were very young, I would teach them, by pointing out examples that we live in a backwards world. Nothing much has really changed today.
1) They would sell toothpaste with sugar in it.
2) We sell breakfast ‘Cereals’ that are, in my opinion, nothing but candy – marshmallow covered with chocolate. I still cannot believe that parents actually buy this ‘stuff’, thinking they are doing right by their children. Not to mention the eating habits they are teaching them.
3) Medications, whose side affects can be worse than the problem you currently have, can give you Cancer, Heart troubles, Depression, Suicidal thoughts, as if you didn’t have enough problems., and the list goes on. Of course, the advertisements always show a happy, smiling person or family or children. This is meant to assure you, that all is well – and of course ask your Doctor, “Is xxxx right for me?”
Read this and figure out for yourself, what his answer will be:
Still trusting your doctor? Read my Blog: 10/17/15 DOCTORS – BUSINESS PEOPLE AND YOU?
Google: New Law Aims to Expose Big Pharma Influence on Physicians
Onwards to more backwardness:
4) Isn’t it interesting how we are always fighting for ‘Peace’? I was always under the silly impression that the word ‘fight’ and ‘peace’, were in opposition to each other.
5) There is never enough money in our country’s budget to fix the problems that need fixing. Somehow though, there is always money in the budget for more tax cutting for the rich people and the corporations. What magic there is?
6) The job of elected officials is to protect and benefit the citizenry. So strange how so many politicians wind up being very wealthy? It couldn’t possibly be the result of corporate lobbyists showering money upon them because they pass legislation benefiting them in lieu of the citizens?
7) We spend billions and billions for weapons of destruction. Can you just imagine if all the world’s resources, efforts, and time were directed for the uplifting of the inhabitants of this little ball of mud?
8) We have a precious limited environment of water and air. It never cease to amaze me, how greedy corporate people and their lobbyist owned political leaders, have such total disregard for it.
9) Most religion’s deity teaches Love, Compassion, Peace, Happiness, Patience and Understanding, Helping our Brothers (and Sisters) – such wonderful virtues. Alas though, when I look around, that doesn’t seem to be the standard practice by religious people. So strange to see them practice instead, Bigotry, Racism, Prejudice, Greed, Dishonesty –Now that is pretty scary when the ‘Righteous Ones’ are the ones practicing that.
10) Everyone is always pointing to the next person, or Country or Religion, or ‘Other’s Beliefs’, as the cause for their own unhappiness. If I could just fix them and get them to see where they are wrong, then everything will be fixed and I’ll be happy.
11) Cancer – the ever elusive search for a cure. (Not according to many Alternative Practitioners (approx. 12 – 14 in this past year, have died mysteriously though – like suicide by shooting oneself in the chest and each one is weirder than the next).
BUT, that’s really not what I’m referring to. I’m talking about a billion dollar industry (see my Blog of 10/10/15 USA – A PRO CANCER GOV’T).
Then there are the foods that contain known carcinogen chemicals (ex: GMO’s by Monsanto). The FDA and government allow chemicals that cause cancer, to go into our food. Then they create industries spending billions to find a cure for the cancers – So bizarre. (Note: The Pacific Ocean, due to the nuclear plant blow up in Japan 2-1/2 years ago, has become a radioactive nightmare. Google a few words ‘Pacific Ocean, Fish, Radiation – you may never eat a fish again from the Pacific – unless that is, you don’t care about taking into your stomach, fish with cancers and tumors).
12) Cars and pollution. Since the 1950’s, inventors have created electric cars. God Bless Big Oil. They would buy the inventors out and trash the vehicles. So stupid – instead of capitalizing on such amazingly good stuff, their greedy shortsightedness would do it all in.
The question then, is the one I started with: SO WHAT CAN YOU & I DO?
I guess the answer lies in each and every one of our own personal beliefs.
For me – I believe that the Universe is a gigantic handball court. However you hit the ball against the wall – velocity, angle, attitude (hard or soft), is exactly how it’s going to come back at you. You can also think of the Universe as a gigantic swimming pool. The same rules apply as on the Handball Court. However you push the water, it hits the sides of the pool and comes back to you the same way you pushed it.
You can call it ‘Karma’ or ‘What goes around comes around’ or ‘You get back whatever you put out’. My Mom would say, “Everyone gets what they deserve”. I always liked hearing that, because it sounded so fair and just.
WHAT TO DO?
How about fixing yourself and stop looking at others? Every time you point your finger to others, there are three others pointing right back at you.
It’s MY LIFE and MY COUNTRY & I want it, is the name of the game,
‘It’s My Money & I Want It!’ is the name of my book
Learn to stand up for yourself and not be intimidated by the corporations
and their political puppets.
Harris Glasser – Author, Lecturer, Business & Personal Consultant, Debt Settling www.HarrisHelps.org “It’s My Money & I Want It!”
(More next week)